‘Dutch’ Philip Bagley March 2018
But, then… it’s complicated. I love the act of dissembling and reassembling the objects in my life (and not necessarily into their original form.) For me it is usually, “If….then…., and then why not….?”
My photographic approach is a self taught one by…
Observation of the environment that surrounds me, the people, the objects and the diversity of life.
Conversations with those whose opinion I may disagree with, trying to understand the spirit and meaning they ascribe to their life.
Understanding and mastering the tools I use to create the images that amaze me.
Questioning long held rules of composition, format, and design.
A willingness to try, fail and try again.
What we observe, feel and experience forms the core of ones life story. Part of my story is reflected in photographic images taken in spans of time, that force me to stop and become part of that world, that here and now. The act of processing those images for public viewing allows me to express how deeply, either with awe, joy or sadness, those spans of time have affected me. My images are how I tell my story.
D U T C H To see my images visit:
Instagram - @philipbagley1_ www.flickr.com/photos/141136263@N02/
- 7th Annual Juried Artist of Yardley 2018
- New Hope Art League Juried Art Show 2018
- Pennsylvania Center of Photography – AMERICANA 2018
- Perkins Center for the Arts – Photography 37
- New York Center for Photographic Art (NYC4PA) – Honorable Mention
- Trees Water Stone – Celebrating Solstice Juried by Bill Brokaw, Frenchtown N J
- PhotoPlace Gallery – Celebrating the Creative Process (Middlebury VT)
- Photo Review 33rd Annual Juried Competition – Editor Selection Online Gallery ‘Curved Lines ‘
- Philadelphia/Tri State Artists Equity – Fall Members’ Juried Exhibition
- PhotoPlace Gallery – Infrared: The Invisible Made Visible (Middlebury VT)
- TRANSFORMATIONS 2017 – Pennsylvania Center for Photography
- Franklin Day Art Exhibit, Franklin Township, New Jersey
- 26th Annual Churchville Photography Club Contest – Best of Show
- 2017 Phillips Mill Photographic Exhibition
- Pennsylvania Center of Photography – AMERICANA 2017
- Perkins Center for the Arts – Photography 36 (awarded three artists group show in March 2018)
- 84th Wilmington International Exhibition of Photography
- TRANSFORMATIONS 2016 – Pennsylvania Center for Photography
- Photo Review 32nd, Annual Juried Competition – Editor Selection Online Gallery ‘City’
- Philadelphia/Tri State Artists Equity – 67th Anniversary Members’ Juried Exhibition
- 2016 Phillips Mill Photographic Exhibition
- 25th Annual Churchville Photography Club Contest
- Pennsylvania Center of Photography – AMERICANA 2016
- Perkins Center for the Arts – Photography 35
- 83rd Wilmington International Exhibition of Photography
- Philadelphia Photo Arts Center – Annual Contemporary Photography Exhibition
- 2015 Phillips Mill Photographic Exhibition
- Perkins Center for the Arts – Photography 34
2014 Abington Art Center (My first acceptance)
Philadelphia Photo Arts Center – 2017 Summer Catalog
Photographer’s Forum – Best of Photography 2017 Annual Book
Photographer’s Forum – Best of Photography 2016 Annual Book
Photographer’s Forum – Best of Photography 2015 Annual Book
Pew Charitable Trust – Philadelphia 2015 / State of the City Report
Philadelphia Tri-State Artists Equity Association, Inc.
Pennsylvania Center for Photography
Philadelphia Photo Arts Center
Cheltenham, Princeton, Churchville and Huntingdon Valley Camera Clubs
Contributing Photographer for Glen Foerd on the Delaware, Philadelphia PA